Illuminating Booster is a unique pigment clarifying serum that addresses uneven production of melanin. A dynamic blend of Bearberry, Kojic, Salicylic, Azelaic and Fruit
Acids synergistically targets areas of hyperpigmentation and acne-prone based scaring. Super antioxidant Ferulic Acid and peptide stabilized Vitamin C resist free radicals while encouraging collagen
Client Use: Apply treatment booster in AM after cleansing and toning to help prevent UV damage and
hyperpigmentation. Maybe also be applied in the PM or after long periods of sun exposure to calm skin from the effects of UV damage. It can be layered over or under
other serums and under treatment crèmes and SPF's.
pH 3.8 - 4.2
• Alpha Arbutin (Bearberry) - Ten times more powerful than standardized arbutin. It is a natural brightening and lightening skin agent that addresses
hyperpigmentation. It inhibits
the body’s production of tyrosinase.
• Ferulic Acid - Is an antioxidant which neutralizes free radicals and helps to prevent damage to cells caused by ultraviolet light. Exposure to
ultraviolet light actually increases the
antioxidant potency of Ferulic Acid.
• Salicylic Acid – Is a ‘keratolytic’ as it breaks down and exfoliates dead skin cells. Salicylic acid unblocks pores as it penetrates the hair
follicle. It is also beneficial for minor lightening of
discoloration or hyperpigmentation.
• Kojic Acid - Is used as a skin toner and lightener. By inhibiting melanin production, it effectively helps to balance skin tones, fading dark spots
and freckles caused by sun exposure,
aging, and cutaneous hyperpigmentation.
• Azelaic Acid – Is a pharmaceutical anti-acne agent that provides antibacterial and comedolytic effects. It is effective against a number of skin
conditions, from mild to moderate
acne. It helps to stop the growth of skin bacteria that causes acne and keep the skin pores clean.
• Glycolic Acid - found in sugar cane, glycolic acid acts by dissolving the intercellular cement
responsible for abnormal cell build-up. Improves skin hydration by enhanced moisture uptake
as well as increased binding of water to the stratum corneum. Effective in helping clear the
pores of acne-prone skin; smoothing fine lines in older, photo-aged skin and diminishing age
1 fl oz